Now that you have picked a date, a photographer and probably a venue as well, you can celebrate! Those are some of the toughest decisions in wedding planning and you can cross them off your list! Hooray!! Now onto the fun stuff…like your engagement session!
During your engagement session, you’ll have the chance to get to know me, experience how I shoot and how I handle posing and lighting. This session will make a HUGE impact on how the wedding day flows. I’ll arrive on your wedding day already knowing how you two interact, what your best poses are and how to photograph you in a genuine way! What I will learn about you during your engagement session is invaluable! You will feel like such a pro on your big day because of the great practice you had during your engagement session!
I get it, it’s intimidating to have your picture taken.. even if it’s just a photo on an iPhone taken by a friend. We want to look nice, make sure nothing is in our teeth and our hair is behaving! I realize preparing for your engagement session can be overwhelming! Today, I’ll be sharing a few tips on what to bring and how to best prepare!
How To Prepare For Your Engagement Session | Wisconsin Engagement Photographer
The Basics + What To Bring
- Ring Cleaning | If possible, it is ideal to clean your ring before your shoot. The cleaner the better!
- Pockets | Empty your pockets! You don’t want to have key chains or phones showing through your pockets. This is easy to overlook but very hard to edit out.
- Timing | The sun sets quickly especially if your shoot is not in the summer months. The later you arrive, the less time we have to shoot! Once the sun is set, the shoot will be over.
- Deep Breaths | I’m going to help you along the way and it’s going to be a blast! I will instruct you on everything you need to know. Enjoy this time together, and make a date out of it! Plan dinner afterwards and celebrate!!
- Changing Clothes | As much as I would like to say that we always have restrooms for outfit changes, more often than not, our clients do quick outfit changes in their car if there are no other options.
- Clothing | Generally my couples like to bring one casual outfit and one dressier outfit. If you’re unsure about a few pieces, feel free to bring all options, and I can help you decide or we can email about it beforehand!
- Parking Fee | This may not apply to your shoot, but you always want to plan in advance for a cash-only parking fee that we may encounter or any tolls. I’ve had instances where this has caused some stress, and stress is what we want to avoid!
- Flip Flops | If you’re wearing shoes that are difficult to walk in but look awesome, bring some comfy shoes to change into while we walk to each shooting location!
- Lip Color & Hairspray | You may need to apply more lip color after one outfit change and a few kisses. (If you have a bold lip color, try to have a matte finish so it won’t transfer to your groom as intensely!). Hairspray and a brush will be helpful if your hair struggles in the humidity!
Don’t Forget To Celebrate
Utilize these tips to have a smooth, seamless and stress-free engagement session! You’ll now feel like a pro when it comes to your big day because of the great practice you had during your session! Oh! And don’t forget to schedule that dinner reservation for after your session. It’ll be the perfect opportunity to celebrate being one step closer to becoming husband + wife!